Our Volunteers Make the Difference
Volunteers must be age 16+ and may need to complete background clearances as applicable by law. Orientation and training will be provided. An ideal volunteer should have the ability to volunteer at least 2 shifts per month, be friendly, have a positive attitude, and an interest in helping children develop skills in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math.
- Exhibit Floor Volunteer – Interact with guests in the museum and demonstrate activities at the Science Café.
- Programs Volunteer – Assist with scheduled classroom programs and educational activities offered in our classrooms and/or Maker Space.
- Girls Code Club – Help at our monthly meetups (4 hours minimum). No engineering or coding experience needed!
- Outreach Volunteer – Visit local venues to promote the Science Factory and demonstrate science activities with the public.
- Summer/Winter Camp Volunteer – Help our instructors with a variety of fun STEM camps. (Monday – Friday 8:30am – 12:30pm and/or 12:30pm – 4:30pm). Camp volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of one full week.
In addition to having fun sharing skills, learning new ones, and meeting new people, our volunteer benefits include:
- Free admission to the Lancaster Science Factory
- Free membership upon completion of 100 volunteer hours (which includes admission to all other ASTC science centers as part of the Passport Program)
- Flexible scheduling
- Volunteer hour verification letters and letters of recommendation available.
Apply Now to Volunteer!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Lancaster Science Factory. We have many opportunities available. Please fill out our application below to help us learn a little more about you. Paper applications are also available at the Front Desk of the Lancaster Science Factory.