Organization: Lancaster Science Factory
Career Field: Engineering/Technology Education
The selected student intern will work with our Education Coordinator and the Exhibit Facilitator to review, repair, maintain and develop new concepts related to the Science Factory mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Aid and contribute in the designing and building of small activity/demonstration kits and or large equipment for use by elementary or middle school students during educational programming that is based on STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Research and test new ideas for technology/engineering/physics projects for students. Projects must involve a hands-on, problem solving concept that also promotes creative solutions.
- Make inspections of all existing exhibits, and make or recommend the necessary repairs to bring them up to 100% operating standards.
- Work with mentor to make all the necessary adjustments and repairs and learn how to maintain the existing exhibits.
Education and Qualifications
- Junior/Senior year student in Technology Education, Technology Field or Engineering background.
- Must be mechanically inclined and familiar with wood working machinery, specifically table saw, band saw, drill press and assorted hand tools.
- Be able to perform basic maintenance on the machines or hand tools if needed
- Able to problem solve and trouble shoot
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Able to converse on a technical level
- Feel comfortable around people and children
- Energetic personality
- 15 hours per week, flexible scheduling available
- Ability to work Monday-Friday between the hours of 10am-5pm
Credit Requirement Terms Offered
Academic Credit is not required Fall/ Spring/Summer
To apply for an internship, send cover letter and resume to:
Internship Program, Lancaster Science Factory, 454 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Questions, call 717-509-6363 or email [email protected]