Organization: Lancaster Science Factory
Career Field: Marketing and PR Intern
- Assist Director of Operations with the day-to-day Marketing and PR functions of the museum.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Organize and update media contact list. Make calls to get accurate contacts.
- Plan and manage a PR campaign regarding upcoming events and programs at LSF.
- Write press releases, media advisories and photo advisories in accordance with the plan and follow up with media calls.
- Coordinate any on-site interviews.
- Write and create LSF related e-blasts.
- Manage complimentary ticket and consignment programs.
- Manage an informal guest survey program in conjunction with the front desk.
- Enter and track zip code information.
- Represent LSF at area fairs, festivals and special events.
- Assist with the writing and production of LSF’s quarterly membership newsletter and Annual Appeal.
- Help maintain LSF’s collection of press clippings.
Education and Qualifications
- Junior/Senior Marketing OR Communications OR Journalism OR Business major desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with a wide array of software including Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is desired.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently. Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to work in a faced paced environment with changing priorities. Good phone skills and must represent LSF well at area events.
- 8 to 16 hours/week, flexible schedule between Monday and Friday.
- Occasional evenings and weekend required, per event schedule.
Credit Requirement Terms Offered
Academic credit is not required Fall / Spring / Summer
Applications are encouraged year-round.
To apply for an internship, send cover letter and resume to:
Internship Program, Lancaster Science Factory, 454 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Questions, call 717-509-6363 or email [email protected]